Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK
President's Update 3-29-2023
Thank you to all in our community who received your Annual Property Owner Dues ballot and have already voted. If you have not, please visit our homepage (www.landings.org) to cast your vote now.
If you have any doubts about why you should vote or support the Dues increase, please note that this increase is crucial for The Landings Association’s financial health and long-term sustainability. Our community needs this increase in Dues to maintain its infrastructure and amenities, meet rising costs, and ensure long-term financial stability.
For additional information, please visit www.landings.org/annual-dues. Please be advised that the voting deadline is April 20, 2023, and at least 60% of the community must vote to secure this necessary increase. Thank you!
I thank all those who attended the Association’s Annual Meeting on March 1. Those who couldn’t make it can check out the meeting highlights on our website. Attendees found the meeting productive and informative, and it was great to see everyone there.
At the meeting, we announced the annual Volunteer Individual and Volunteer Group of the year awards. I am pleased to recognize Bob Egan as the 2022 Volunteer of the Year and the Coastal Conservation Association Skidaway Chapter (CCA) as Volunteer Group of the Year. Both Bob and CCA have provided exceptional and meaningful service to our community and the greater Savannah community for many years, and this recognition was overdue.
As I think about volunteers, I think about those many people who volunteer to serve on The Landings Association’s committees. These volunteers, like many who serve groups such as Landlovers, New Neighbors, CCA, Kiwanis, and others, give many hours of service to ensure we have a vibrant community for all of us to enjoy.
As your President, I am fortunate to attend many committee meetings and meet the dedicated volunteers who serve on TLA’s committees. I am impressed by how actively the committee members participate and contribute to the meetings. The Landings is blessed with an amazing collection of talented, educated, and experienced individuals who have a positive impact on our community’s quality of life.
Starting in April, we will be forming a Nominating Committee to recruit, interview, and nominate candidates for election to the Association’s Board of Directors for the years 2024 - 2026. This election will be held during September and October of this year. If you are interested in volunteering for the Nominating Committee, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate your interest. We are looking for at least five community members who are not currently serving on our Board or plan to run for the Board this year. Ideally, the members of the Nominating Committee will possess the following skills or traits:
- A good understanding of our community governing documents, including Covenants, Bylaws, Board of Directors Policy Manual, Rules and Regulations, etc. (www.landings.org/resources > Governing Documents). It is crucial that the Nominating Committee members understand the responsibilities of the Board of Directors, so informed decisions can be made.
- Ability to commit to attending all meetings and completing all necessary tasks. Note this Nominating Committee will be active between late May and the middle of August. A schedule will be clearly defined upfront to ensure all participants can stay involved.
- Previous experience serving on a community board or on other community organizations will be a plus.
- Be impartial and have no conflicts of interest with any candidates for the Board.
- Possess effective communication skills so you can collaborate with other committee members, participate in the Board candidate interviews, and contribute during the final selection process.
Serving on this Nominating Committee is a vital and very important responsibility, as a well-informed and vibrant Board of Directors is crucial to the success of our community.
Thank you, and enjoy our beautiful island as we transition from winter into spring!