Community Marketing & Real Estate
Fourth in a Series:
What’s Next for Real Estate at The Landings?
As we near the end of 2020, we have many reasons to celebrate. One reason is to push on from what has clearly been a difficult year. Another is the surprising and positive effect some of this year’s negativity has actually brought to our real estate sales and values in a colossal way.
We often have shared the real estate industry’s mantra that a four-month supply of housing inventory is considered balanced between buyer and seller or supply and demand. We finished October with a 1.5-month supply. The result has been a great decrease in the time it’s taking to sell most homes, and with this great demand and low inventory, positive pressure on values.
The chart below represents sales of homes (in blue) and lots (in red) by The Landings Company since TLA became its shareholder in 1998. As the two circles clearly point out, with two months to go in 2020, we already have substantially surpassed sales of even the former peak years of 2005 and 2006.
Can we sustain this pace in 2021? The answer, barring anything outside of our control, is that we should when you consider:
- We’ve had significant numbers of Discovery Visits over the last seven years, and many buyers take from two-to-five years or more to progress through this process.
- Our Discovery Visit Concierge (a position shared by The Landings Club and the Company) and other enhancements are making Discovery Visits more memorable for our Discovery Guests.
- “Baby Boomer” retirement and migration should peak through 2024.
- Interest in relocating upon retirement or even before, amplified by COVID-19 and a renewed awareness that life is short and no one takes any office files with them when they leave this life, should keep homes moving quickly in the short term.
- The Club’s considerable marketing spend using the guidance of the same firm we use, the Wyse Agency, should have a more and more synergistic effect as their efforts have time to catch ours in impact, as they started about 12-18 months behind us.
- Incredibly low mortgage rates are helping our cause.
- The substantial capital investment in facilities that the Club made, coupled with the successful TLA Annual Dues vote, should be viewed as positives by visiting buyers.
- Some would say you need a “sticky” website (www.thelandings.com), one where visiting buyers like to spend time and revisit, in order to maximize sales. I’d say we have a very engaging site, as demonstrated by the number of visits realized, but what we have is a very “sticky” community. The Landings’ beauty, amenities, proximity to Savannah and most of all, our residents’ lifestyle, causes folks to want to live here, too!
Inventory of homes on the market will be a major determining factor in 2021’s success. If you are interested in selling your home and want the absolute best likelihood of a sale, please call us today (598-0500).
The Landings Company is 100% self-funded and can only continue with your support when selling your home, referring friends and family, or renting your home.
In the next installment of this series, we will cover our agent team and their “rockstar” results!
Your Company, The Landings Company!