Trick-or-Treating: October 31, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Halloween is just around the corner, but this year, thanks to COVID-19 and flu season, trick-or-treating will take a lot more preplanning so that everyone can stay safe. One safety suggestion involves those participating in Halloween to hand out individually wrapped treats outside.
As in year’s past, trick-or-treating in The Landings is on October 31, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offer the following trick-or-treating safety tips:
- Stay at least six feet from others who don’t live with you.
- Wear a mask. A costume mask is NOT a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any treats.