On the Security Scene
On Saturday, June 20, Security and Chatham Emergency Services (CES) responded to a residence on Yam Gandy Road for a report of a propane tank on fire. Upon arrival, the resident stated that the propane tank had caught fire after she hooked it up, and she successfully extinguished the fire. CES determined there was a leak in the components of the tank which caused the fire.
Landings Security and Chatham County Police Department (CCPD) responded to Lachlan Lane on Monday, June 22, for an accident between a resident and a commercial vendor. Upon arrival, the resident stated that she was backing out of her driveway and struck a bobcat parked on the road. CCPD found the resident at fault and issued a citation. Security issued the commercial vendor a $50 citation for not having safety cones around the equipment, which is a violation of TLA’s Commercial Rules and Regulations.
On Tuesday, June 23, Landings Security and CCPD responded to Delegal Marina for a report of property damage to the boardwalk. Upon arrival, officers spoke with a Public Works employee who advised that it appeared that a piece of wood on the boardwalk had been set on fire. CCPD responded and initiated a vandalism report. Upon reviewing the camera footage, Security determined that the cause of the incident was unintentional from a cigarette. A contractor was seen on video the previous evening smoking a cigarette on the boardwalk. He attempted to flick hot ashes from the cigarette into the marsh; however, they blew back into a crack of the boardwalk and began smoldering until extinguished. The damage to the dock was minor.