The Landings Art Association Contributes $3,450 to Arts Education in Savannah
The Landings Art Association (LAA) is pleased to announce its Annual 2019-2020 Penny Day Thompson Grants to Title I Savannah Chatham County Public School System (SCCPSS) elementary art teachers. In its third year, these grants support programs that otherwise would not be possible. This year, seven $350 grants are being awarded to the following:
- Heather Smith, Butler Elementary: Art Library
- Clemencia Liliana Niles, Gould Elementary: Animal Prints
- Bethany Norwood, Coastal Empire Montessori: Outdoor Stage and Mural
- Heather Sparks, Gadsden Elementary: Art History Library
- Julie Hodge, Early Learning Center: Urban Outdoor Art Space and Planters
- Laurie Darby, Sarah Mills Hodge Elementary: Butterfly Garden
- Melanie Christian, Garden City Elementary: Art Books and Games
In addition to granting $2,450 to SCCPSS art teachers, the LAA donated $1,000 to the Telfair Museum’s excellent Children’s Programs.
Through its Community Outreach, LAA strives to benefit a variety of charitable programs, both monetarily and educationally. Over the years, recipients have included Bethesda Academy, the Parkinson’s Foundation, Skidaway Audubon, Landings Military Family Relief Fund, The Village Library, Golfing for a Cure, SCAD, and Landings Landlovers.