Renter agrees to rent from THE LANDINGS ASSOCIATION kayak equipment, subject to the following Conditions and rules of Operation:
CONDITIONS AND RULES OF OPERATION
- Renter must know how to swim and must be capable of swimming. Good general health also is required.
- Renter must wear a U.S.C.G. approved personal floatation device (PFD) whenever using any watercraft rented under this agreement and must follow all instructions given by THE LANDINGS ASSOCIATION personnel.
- Protective footwear is required.
- No towing anything, including pets, grills, etc., while using watercraft.
- Renter is aware that a tidal current is present and that a switch in direction will occur with a turn of the tides. We suggest paddling against the current in the start of the trip and returning with the current.
- Renter will not consume alcoholic beverages and/or illegal or controlled substances before or during the use of watercraft.
- When paddling in this area, renter shall follow the “Rules of the Road” and stay clear of all boats underway and stay to the sides of the main channel.
- Renter will stay clear of fishing lines and be aware of obstacles both above and below the water.
- Renter’s valid credit card is required at time of rental as a security deposit. This will help defray costs arising damage to or loss of the equipment, adjustments in the rental period, or other costs directly or indirectly attributable to neglect, negligence, equipment misuse, or breaking of contract by the Renter. Rental costs in excess of the initial amount are the responsibility of the Renter and are due and payable upon demand. If the equipment is stolen while in the Renter’s possession, Renter will reimburse THE LANDINGS ASSOCIATION at the equipment’s fair market value as determined by THE LANDINGS ASSOCIATION. Renter agrees to pay any cost associated with search for lost or overdue rentals.