Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations
*The following list is provided as a courtesy by The Landings Association and includes cancellations and rescheduled events by on-island businesses, groups, and organizations due to the growing threat of Covid-19. For more information about specific events, please contact the appropriate group, organization, or club representative.
Emergency Services & Government Agencies
- Skidaway Island First Responders have resumed their volunteer operations. For fire and medical emergencies, residents should continue to call 355-6688. For more information, email First Responders President Kelly Gordon (email@example.com).
- Utilities, Inc. has closed its offices to customers for the next two weeks, effective immediately. However, work will continue remotely. For customer service, please call 1-888-527-9707.
- Comcast/Xfinity is offering the following:
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating from home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.
The Landings Association
- All Landings Association Community Events have been postponed until further notice to promote and support social distancing recommendations of the health professionals.
- Science at Sunset
- Renovation Workshops
- Residents are encouraged to live-stream The Landings Association’s Board Meeting on April 28 at 4 p.m. The link to the live stream will be available shortly before the start of the Board Meeting on the Association’s Facebook Group Page. Follow this link (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TLAHOA) to join the Association’s Facebook Group.
Island Neighbors & Emergency Action Team (EAT) Partners
- All visitor entry passes for The Marshes of Skidaway have been deactivated until further notice. Everyone is required to undergo Covid-19 screening before being cleared to enter the community. For more information, call The Marshes of Skidaway (912-598-5030).
- The Village Library is closed until April 30.
The Troop 57 Aluminum Can Recycle Trailer has been moved from the now closed Landings Recycling Center to the back parking lot of the Presbyterian Church (50 Diamond Causeway).The Boy Scouts thank the community for their support over the years through this recycling program. All proceeds ae used to support local Scouting.
Clubs and Organizations
- The Landings Company’s State of Real Estate scheduled for March 24 has been postponed until further notice.
- Telfair Academy Guild’s TAG@Night scheduled for March 18 has been cancelled.
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Skidaway Chapter is postponing their 2020 Banquet and Auction from April 21 to September 29. For more information, email Tom Rood (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CCA’s March 28 Cast Away Kids Club event has been cancelled
- CCA’s April 13 Meeting and Seminar has been cancelled
- CCA's 2020 Kids Fishing Derby has been postponed until the fall
- 2020 Skidaway Island Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K set for March 21 has been cancelled. The team is working on certifying a courtesy course for runners that will be unstaffed. For more info, including requesting a refund and a virtual race option, email Dan Pavlin (email@example.com)
- Skidaway Island Boating Club's annual cruise to Hilton Head scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed. SIBC will try to reschedule the cruise for later this year.
- The 2020 Skidaway Audubon Golf Tournament FUNdraiser originally scheduled for May 11 has been rescheduled for the fall.
- The Savannah Winds' Patriotic Concert, scheduled for June 28, has been cancelled.
The Landings Company
Beginning 5 p.m. March 20, The Landings Company's office will be closed. Agents and staff will continue to serve clients and the community remotely.
The Landings Club
We are pleased to announce grocery delivery and prepared family meals to-go for four people. This service is available to ALL island residents and Landings Club staff, and yes, we have toilet paper! Our Club's goal is to keep everyone on our island safe and healthy, and keep our great team members working during this challenging period. In a national crisis, we want to take care of as many people as we can.
- As of 12:01 a.m. on Monday, March 23, The Landings Club has suspended the following operations.
- Oakridge Wellness Center
- The Club dining venues - including the outdoor areas at The Deck.
- All golf shops and Franklin Creek Tennis Center Pro Shop
- All indoor and ourdoor pools
To place your order, contact the Catering Office (912-598-3527 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out the order forms below. After placing your order, you will receive a phone call to confirm your order and delivery or pickup time. Non-members can pay via credit card when they receive their phone call. Members wil have items charged to their member accounts. Note: Orders received before 12 p.m. qualify for same-day delivery. Orders received after 12 p.m. will be delivered the next day. Delivery and pick up is available between 1 and 4 p.m. each day, including weekends. Pick-up will be at the Plantation Clubhouse's Ballroom entrance.
Access to Golf Courses: Recently, our Golf Committee updated policies, specific to Section XIV, Policy 24 addressing non-golfer access to our golf courses. The updated Golf and Green Committee Policy Handbook can be found on our member website or here. The updated policy reinforces that access to our golf courses by anyone not playing a round of golf is prohibited. For the safety of everyone, playing golf on closed golf courses is also not permitted. Some might think that an early morning or late evening walk, jog, bike or cart ride does no harm; however, residents on our golf courses purchased homes with the promise that the only traffic in their backyards would be golfers. Unauthorized users often result in phone calls to TLA security, thereby triggering the dispatch of an officer, time spent on a call and then more time spent writing a report. This is a drain on finite community resources. During the period of suspended play on Oakridge and Palmetto golf courses and beyond, we ask for everyone’s support of this long-standing policy to protect our members, staff and community resources. To avoid ambiguity, this standard applies to all golf courses at all times.
Covid-19 Communications from The Landings Association