Closures, Postponements, Cancellations, and Re-Openings
*The following list is provided as a courtesy by The Landings Association and includes re-openings,cancellations and rescheduled events by on-island businesses, groups, and organizations due to the growing threat of Covid-19. For more information about specific events, please contact the appropriate group, organization, or club representative.
Emergency Services & Government Agencies
- Skidaway Island First Responders have resumed their volunteer operations. For fire and medical emergencies, residents should continue to call 355-6688. For more information, email First Responders President Kelly Gordon (email@example.com).
- Utilities, Inc. has closed its offices to customers for the next two weeks, effective immediately. However, work will continue remotely. For customer service, please call 1-888-527-9707.
- Comcast/Xfinity is offering the following:
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating from home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.
The Landings Association
The Landings Association will begin phasing in limited use of some facilities and amenities on June 1. Following is how this looks for specific amenities throughout the community.
The Landings Association’s Soccer Field (Athletic Field Complex and practice field)
- One soccer goal will be returned to the Athletic Field Complex (600 Landings Way South) and another on the practice soccer field located near the water tower on Landings Way South to assist with drills and skill development. These practice activities can be conducted with physical distancing. Field reservations remain suspended and the use of the fields is first-come, first-served. Soccer tournaments, scrimmages and games do not lend themselves to social distancing among players and such activities remain prohibited on the fields.
- Basketball is a high contact sport, therefore the basketball court at the Athletic Field Complex remains closed at this time.
Delegal Creek Marina
- The restrooms on Delegal’s fixed pier will be re-opened.
- The screened-in porch area on the fixed pier, as well as the second story Delegal Tower, also will be re-opened, each with a limit of no more than 10 people at any time. Some of the furniture will be removed from the porch area to support social distancing. The use of these open-air facilities remains first-come, first-served.
Sunset Pavilion Building and Restrooms
- The restrooms have remained open and will continue to be, although the main Sunset Pavilion building is not available for private event rentals.
- The screened-in porch area of the Sunset Pavilion is normally open only during community events or with private rentals. Recognizing the space limits on other facilities required by COVID-19, the screened porch will be opened during the day for resident use on a first-come, first-served basis. Modifications to the layout and amount of furniture are being made so residents will have enough room to responsibly social distance.
At this time, reservations for Landings Association amenities (e.g., Sunset Pavilion, meeting rooms, soccer fields, and the Picnic Grounds) remain suspended, as gatherings without structured spacing of at least six feet remain prohibited by the Governor’s Executive Order. Our primary objective is to prevent contributing to the spread of COVID-19 by implementing reasonable and required protocols while enabling residents to responsibly enjoy our amazing environment. Your support in adhering to these protocols is greatly appreciated and will help us ensure that the facilities can remain open for you.
- All Landings Association Community Events still are postponed until further notice to promote and support social distancing recommendations of the health professionals.
- Science at Sunset
- Renovation Workshops
- Residents are encouraged to live-stream The Landings Association’s Board Meeting on April 28 at 4 p.m. The link to the live stream will be available shortly before the start of the Board Meeting on the Association’s Facebook Group Page. Follow this link (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TLAHOA) to join the Association’s Facebook Group.
Island Neighbors & Emergency Action Team (EAT) Partners
- All visitor entry passes for The Marshes of Skidaway have been deactivated until further notice. Everyone is required to undergo Covid-19 screening before being cleared to enter the community. For more information, call The Marshes of Skidaway (912-598-5030).
Stay safe and get your library materials in a physically distant fashion from The Village Library, with grab-and-go service beginning Wednesday, June 17. Call 598-1183 between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday, to reserve your books. Pick them up (Wednesday though Saturday) outside the Library between 1 and 4 p.m. Visit thevillagelibrary.org or our Facebook Page for detailed instructions.
The Troop 57 Aluminum Can Recycle Trailer has been moved from the now closed Landings Recycling Center to the back parking lot of the Presbyterian Church (50 Diamond Causeway).The Boy Scouts thank the community for their support over the years through this recycling program. All proceeds ae used to support local Scouting.
Clubs and Organizations
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Skidaway Chapter is postponing their 2020 Banquet and Auction from April 21 to September 29. For more information, email Tom Rood (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CCA's 2020 Kids Fishing Derby has been postponed until the fall
- Skidaway Island Boating Club's annual cruise to Hilton Head scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed. SIBC will try to reschedule the cruise for later this year.
- The 2020 Skidaway Audubon Golf Tournament FUNdraiser originally scheduled for May 11 has been rescheduled for the fall.
- The Savannah Winds' Patriotic Concert, scheduled for June 28, has been cancelled.
The Landings Company
- The Landings Company will re-open to walk-in traffic on Monday, June 1.
The Landings Club
- The Landings Club has cancelled the annual July 4 Fireworks Celebration at Deer Creek for this year.
We are pleased to announce grocery delivery and prepared family meals to-go for four people. This service is available to ALL island residents and Landings Club staff, and yes, we have toilet paper! Our Club's goal is to keep everyone on our island safe and healthy, and keep our great team members working during this challenging period. In a national crisis, we want to take care of as many people as we can.
To place your order, contact the Catering Office (912-598-3527 or email@example.com) or fill out the order forms below. After placing your order, you will receive a phone call to confirm your order and delivery or pickup time. Non-members can pay via credit card when they receive their phone call. Members wil have items charged to their member accounts. Note: Orders received before 12 p.m. qualify for same-day delivery. Orders received after 12 p.m. will be delivered the next day. Delivery and pick up is available between 1 and 4 p.m. each day, including weekends. Pick-up will be at the Plantation Clubhouse's Ballroom entrance.
Covid-19 Communications from The Landings Association